Monday, March 22, 2010

Bella Blooms

There are so many reasons that I LOVE hydrangea...let me count the ways. I must have upwards of 15 plants throughout my front and backyards and in pots on my patio. I can't wait till they all begin to bloom in the next few weeks.

My love affair must have started when I was 7 or 8 years old, the house where we lived at the time had the most gorgeous blue hydrangea bushes that were taller than me and bloomed more profusely than anything I have seen to this day.
The hydrangea could be one of the most versatile wedding flowers around, the range of colors that the hydrangea comes in and the fact that is available year round makes it perfect compliment to many other blooms.

Courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings, this is a great image showcasing hydrangea bloom colors.

Love the lilac purple hydrangea in this bouquet, courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings

Photo courtesy of Meg Smith Photography, floral design by Ariella Chezar


Photo from Project Wedding

Photos courtesy of MiBelle Inc, floral designed by The Hidden Garden
I have been addicted to reruns of Jeff Leatham's Flowers Uncut on TLC, and it might just be how he incorporates hydrangea into so many of his amazing designs.



Just stunning

One tip when using hydrangea in your bouquets and boutonnieres, keep in mind the weather as hydrangea doesn't hold up well out of water on hot days. Be sure to discuss with your floral designer to ensure no surprises on your wedding day.

No comments: