Friday, October 16, 2009

~ Frosting Friday ~

I just had to get in on Susan's October special feature of grooms cakes, with my Southern Texas roots and all... There a ton of reasons that I have chosen to feature Armadillo grooms cakes, one of them is my LOVE of the film Steel Magnolia's. Shelby's wedding in her colors of 'Blush and Bashful' will always make me chuckle, and who can forget the aunts blood red armadillo grooms cake that was being served out of the garage.

Here is an image of the original Blood Red Armadillo Grooms cake from the movie Steel Magnolias.


As Susan and I headed home from a recent wedding in Rancho Palos Verdes, in my exhausted daze I asked her if that had been an armadillo in the middle road. As we were still in So Cal, it was much more likely to be a raccoon or possum...surely not an armadillo. To say the least this was enough to make us laugh for the duration of the drive home. Just another reason to feature the armadillo design as a grooms cake.
Sharing a little love for the state animal of Texas. Hope that these images give you inspiration as you personalize the cakes for your own wedding.

1 comment:

Jolynne, The Wedding Photography Girl said...

my first reaction was 'Oh my gosh what is that?!?'

lol