Monday, March 15, 2010

Bella Blooms

What a weekend! That extra hour gave me time to catch up on so many things around the house. I was finally able to sit down and read through a stack of my alumni sorority magazine. Susan and I are both members of the same sorority, and used to be very active in the alumni community, which is how we initially meet many many moons ago!

The flower for our sorority is the white carnation....I know, you are thinking carnations, those just can't be amazing enough to use in weddings. I used to feel the same way after remembering a single bloom wrapped with a red ribbon, but wow how an amazing florist can turn this simple bloom into amazing and lush romantic pieces perfect for a wedding celebration. Here is homage to the carnation, that I promise can look so amazing it is worth considering for your floral design.

An example from one of our own events!
Florals by JL Designs, Photography by Ryan Phillips Photography


Bouquet and Cake found on Martha Stewart Weddings


Above images found on Wedding Paper Divas Blog
I hope that this has provided the inspiration to think outside of some of the traditional wedding blooms.

1 comment:

Betty said...

I believe we are members of the same sorority! I came across this post when googling "Carnation Bouquets" in an effort to try and save some money on my wedding flowers. Love the pics, I'm sure I can class up some carnations for sure.