Friday, April 2, 2010

Bella Blooms


Growing up, I always remembered Easter as being the official start of Spring. As we all welcome Spring (per the Brown family traditions) with celebrations of Easter and Passover, there is nothing that symbolizes renewal to me than Cherry Blossoms.

When I saw this spread in Martha Stewart Weddings I just fell in love. How oh how can we plan a reception with all these amazing cherry blossom trees in full bloom? Just loved the details down to the flower girls with their cherry blossom wands.


Above images from Martha Stewart Weddings

Cherry Blossom Centerpiece from GetMarried.com

Image found on Cousins Photo Blog

I can remember my first visit to Washington DC to see the cherry blossoms, which were given to the United States in 1912 as a gift symbolizing the growing friendship between Japan and the US. Seemed that all the visitors walking through the rows and rows of trees were falling out of their deep winter slumbers, such an amazing symbol of renewal and rebirth. If you are lucky enough to have planned your wedding in the 2 week window that cherry blossoms are blooming, late March to early April, how will you plan to incorporate them? Hope you find this as inspirational as I do.

Cherry Blossoms in Washington DC

Image found on Wikipedia, Cherry Blossoms in Newark, NJ

No comments: