Friday, February 12, 2010

~ Frosting Friday ~


I love the idea of incorporating organic elements like fruit into wedding decor, and lemons just happen to be one of my favorites! My great aunt's house in Santa Barbara had this amazing lemon tree in the backyard that produced the biggest lemons I have ever seen and every time I would visit her, I would pick a big basket full and rush home to bake something delicious. For some reason citrus grown in Santa Barbara just tastes different to me, but back to today's cake...

This cake has a great simple and elegant style and I love the clean look of the glass cake stand with the lemons and limes underneath. This is a great inexpensive way to dress up your cake and cake table!

photo courtesy of The Knot

And if this post put you in the mood to bake, here is one of my favorite lemon recipes from none other than the fabulous Barefoot Contessa: Lemon Yogurt Cake.

No comments: